1. Please call your primary care physician to set up an appointment for your medical clearance. Medical clearance should be completed within 30 days of the surgery date. Bring the Report of Physical Findings form with you to your medical clearance appointment. Have the doctor's office fax, mail, or e-mail the Report of Physical Findings to our office.
2. Ensure you have someone to accompany you home after your surgery. You will not be able to take
the bus or a taxi home by yourself after surgery, because of the anesthesia you will receive during your procedure. However, you can take a bus or taxi home if someone is with you.
3. Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to your surgery or it may be cancelled.
4. If you are taking blood pressure medication, make sure to take it first thing in the morning with a sip of water only.
5. Do not take ASPIRIN, ASPIRIN-containing products, or more than 400 units of VITAMIN-E two weeks prior to your surgery, unless otherwise directed by your primary care doctor.
6. PLEASE consult with your primary care doctor on medications to discontinue prior to your surgery.
7. Please bring with you a completed "Patient Home Medication" List on the day of your surgery.
8. If you are having surgery at Queens Medical Center-Same Day Surgery, please call and pre-register two days before your surgery. The Queen's Pre-Registration line is 691-4960.
Dr. McDevitt does surgery at Surgicare of Hawaii or Queen's Medical Center. Our office staff will help you to schedule your surgery and to answer any questions that you may have.
Dr. Timothy McDevitt | The Oculoplastics Center| 1380 Lusitana Street Suite 708 Honolulu, HI 96813 | (808) 599-4755
© 2011 The Oculoplastics Center. All Rights Reserved.